Stephen J. Moore, Esq. (Retired)
After attending Roanoke College, Stephen received a Juris Doctor degree from Western State University School of Law in 1981. He was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1982, the United States District Court Southern District, the United States District Court Central District in 1983 and United States District Court Northern District in 1984.
Since 1987, he has maintained a solo practice and became “Of Counsel” (now Retired) to DeVito & Nore - Family Law and Mediation in May of 2014. Besides conducting in excess of 50 jury trials including Civil, Misdemeanor and Felony charges, Stephen’s primary practice includes all areas of Family Law including Contempt Prosecution and Defense, Support, Child Custody, Child Visitation, Property Division, Debt Allocation, Guardianships, Probate and Juvenile Dependency, “Free From” Custody and Control proceedings, Department of Child Support (DCSS) proceedings including Jurisdiction and Paternity, and ORAP Enforcement proceedings.
J.D., Western State University School of Law, 1981
- Ethical Considerations of Arbitration Family Law Section North San Diego County Bar Association, May 1994;
- Fee Arbitration Seminar Speaker North San Diego County Bar Association, October 1994;
- Evidence and the Future of Hearsay; Legislative Changes Family Law Section North San Diego County Bar Association, February 1996;
- Domestic Violence Crossover Issues in Family Law and Criminal Proceedings Criminal Law Section North San Diego County Bar Association, November 1996;
- Law Day presentation on Constitutional Law Ocean Shores H.S. North San Diego County Bar Association, May 1998;
- Prosecuting and Defending Civil Contempt in Family Law proceedings Family Law Section North San Diego County Bar Association, May 2003;
- Litigator/ Evaluator Perspectives in Child Custody Evaluations Family Law Section North San Diego County Bar Association, February 2006;
- Peoples Law School Criminal Law Section North San Diego County Bar Association, 1992 – 1997;
- Bridging the Gap Family Law Superior Court San Diego County North County Branch, 2002–2006 and 2009-2015.
- Ten Common Mistakes to Avoid Fee Arbitration North San Diego County Bar Association, May 1994.
- Judge Pro Tempore San Diego Municipal and Superior Court, 1985-1997;
- Settlement Judge Pro Tempore, Vista Family Court, 1987-2007;
- Attorney Client Fee Arbitrator, 1987-present;
- Chairperson Client Relations/ Arbitration Committee North San Diego County Bar Association, 2000-present.
- Encinitas Little League President 1995, 1996, 2001, 2002
- Encinitas Youth Sports Council 1995-2000
- Cardiff by the Sea Traffic Calming Committee 2006-2008